Two heads are better than one.
Four eyes are better than two.
Language is personality.
Translating a text is more than just a technical process. It’s immersing yourself in a world of thought. This means that translators must have a firm grasp, not only of the language and all of its subtleties, but also of the personality and diction of the text they’re translating. If they succeed, they create translations that are equal to the original in every way. We ensure this quality by taking a dual approach.
Four eyes are better than two
- The first specialist translator translates your text and then proofreads it thoroughly for spelling, style and of course to ensure that the content of the translation is correct.
- A second translator proofreads the text once more, also taking these aspects into account. Since four eyes are obviously better than two, this gives your translation the finishing touch. This two-person rule is also incorporated into the European DIN EN 15038 standard – and with good reason.
We ensure your wording remains consistent with CAT
If an editable version of the source text is available, we perform the translation using what is known as a CAT tool. CAT stands for computer-assisted translation and should not be confused with machine translation. A CAT tool creates customer-specific databases that store every sentence along with its translation. The translator can access information on how certain terms were translated in the past with a single click – thereby ensuring the integrity of your company terminology and corporate wording.
Our guarantee to you
- Translations based on the “two-person rule”
- At least one of the translators specialises in your field of expertise
- At least one of the translators is a native speaker of the target language
- Consistent terminology thanks to our CAT tool
Didion Translations is a “boutique translation agency”, a group of hand-picked translators. We have the professional expertise and feel at home in every language: not only English, French and German, but also Danish, Lithuanian or Hebrew along with many other languages. Use our professionalism and diversity to your advantage. True to the motto: by experts – for experts.
Overview of our services
You think beyond legal clauses. And we think beyond words.
Markets follow their own rules. So do languages.
Precision is everything. In your business and in ours.
The market knows no boundaries. But marketing language does.
We speak your language. In many languages.
I look forward to hearing from you. Send your enquiry via email. Or call me at +49 (0)911 9327820. Many issues can be clarified more quickly and effectively in a personal conversation.
You’re also welcome to stop by my office for an in-person meeting. Please arrange an appointment to ensure I’m in the office and not out on an interpreting assignment.